We Export WAVs To Jersey & Guernsey
Here at Premier Mobility Cars, we have experience in providing and exporting wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAVs) to the Channel Islands - Jersey and Guernsey. As one of the major independent wheelchair accessible car dealers in the UK, we have a fantastic range of affordable, low mileage adapted vehicles with generally only one previous owner and a full service history.
There are two ways to purchase one of our WAVs. You can either visit us in person and see the vehicle before buying it, or you can buy the vehicle without seeing it.
See The Vehicle Before Buying It
We understand that coming to see one of our vehicles from the Channel Islands is a big commitment. Therefore, once you’ve confirmed your appointment and booked your ferry or flight, the vehicle will be taken off sale and exclusively reserved for you.
If you’re planning to drive the vehicle away the same day, we can take full payment via bank transfer or cash (GBP Sterling only). Jersey and Guernsey banks are fully integrated into the UK system so payments should not take additional time to clear.
However, you may want to check the procedure with your bank - if the payment does take a few days to clear, it will cause a delay in your vehicle being released.
Buy The Vehicle Without Seeing It
If you don’t need to see the vehicle before committing to buy it, you can use our quick and secure ‘Deposit Now’ system which you’ll find on all our WAVs.
By placing a £500 deposit via PayPal, the vehicle will be secured for seven days. This gives you time to arrange the final payment - the £500 deposit will be deducted from the total price of the vehicle. During this time, we’ll be preparing the vehicle for delivery.
DELIVERY TO THE CHANNEL ISLANDS
Both Jersey and Guernsey are outside the European Community, so we can offer a cost saving of 20% VAT on all qualifying purchases.
Condor Freight are the most popular choice for our customers when shipping their WAV to Jersey or Guernsey. If you choose to export with Condor Freight, you'll be given a reference number to give to us so that we can deliver your car to Portsmouth Dock for shipping. The cost for us to deliver your vehicle to Portsmouth Docks is £180.
If you choose to finance your WAV from us, we've partnered with Black Horse Offshore. Simply let us know and we will pass your details onto Black Horse and one of their representatives will be in touch with you.
Export To Jersey
Any vehicle that is imported from the UK into Jersey requires you to pay Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 5% on the value of the vehicle to the customs authorities in Jersey - this includes all freight charges and insurance costs.
If you're a Jersey resident, or moving to Jersey for more than 12 months, any imported vehicle must be registered immediately. You can't drive in Jersey on foreign plates.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO REGISTER A VEHICLE IN JERSEY
Your new WAV has already been registered in the UK. Therefore, in order to register it in Jersey, you need to produce originals of the following documents:
- The vehicle owner's Jersey driving licence
- A certificate of insurance or cover note for the time being in force in relation to the use of the vehicle by the owner (an insurance disc is not acceptable)
- A Jersey Customs import declaration (which can be done online) unless you're a Customs approved trader
- The UK V5C vehicle registration document
- Evidence of type approval for vehicles under 25 years old
- An invoice or bill of sale for the vehicle (if not registered in your name)
VISIT DRIVER AND VEHICLE STANDARDS (DVS)
Your vehicle needs to be booked in for an inspection - which costs £37 - by completing the VRD 17 form. If it passes the examination, you'll need to produce the following documents at the DVS registration office, La Collette:
- A completed VRD 2 application form (available from the DVS registration office)
- The £30 registration fee
- The registration document, certificate of title or certificate of permanent export for the vehicle.
Premier Mobility Cars will provide you with documentation of the previous foreign registration and all other mandatory documentation.
Export To Guernsey
Importing a vehicle from the UK to Guernsey only requires a verbal declaration to Guernsey Customs. In order to register a vehicle in Guernsey, the following criteria has to be met:
- The vehicle must have been declared at, and cleared through, Guernsey Border Agency
- The registered owner of the vehicle must be a resident of Guernsey
The application to register a vehicle can be made at the Driver & Vehicle Licensing, Bulwer Avenue office, or be submitted by post. All vehicle registrations must include:
- A completed application to register a vehicle form
- The vehicle's V5C registration document
- Payment of the one-off First Registration Duty which is based on the vehicle's carbon dioxide emissions
- Payment of the one-off registration fee (£42) - this is payable on all first-time registrations in Guernsey